VCISO SECURITY PROGRAM STEPS
Security Operations Development
Benefits of employing CISO as a Service
- Unbiased analysis. As an external third party, the vCISO may be able to evaluate an organization’s existing security program more objectively than an internal employee.
- Cost-effectiveness. Pay-as-you-go pricing allows organizations to pay for only the time and services they use. A vCISO is usually drastically cheaper than having a salaried CISO in house and saves on capital expenditures.
- On-demand service. Using a service provider allows for constant, flexible availability of security resources. As demands change, clients can alter their services accordingly.
- Long- and short-term benefits. In the short term, vCISOs can make organizations more secure by identifying immediate risks and introducing or tightening controls. In the long term, they can help lay the groundwork for a future in-house security program through training and improvement of core processes and infrastructure.
- Experience. Many vCISOs have had extensive experience working with a wide array of diverse organizations.